PORK SIOPAO

It was only few weeks ago when I first attempted to make a Siopao with Chicken filling. The filling was really good enough to for a meal but the dough itself became hard and has the texture of a sand when being chewed. What's more disappointing is you can just throw it to someone and would bounce back! disaster!

Today is my brother's birthday and my mum asked me to try make a kutsinta, with lye not available I opted to try using Baking Soda but then again, it's no success.Very upset! 

That did not  stop me still, I have hours left for the day so I thought of making a Siopao, giving it another try and hoping it will turn out great this time. I have to take advantage of the resources available this day.As a beginner, I had to go through the websites I looked at to see recipes which I  feel it can help me produce a good siopao. The quantity of ingredients was not exactly what I am wanting. I am left deciding with how much pf the ingredients I will use not producing enough to consume.  Careful preparation and patience, I am glad to say I have made a soft and moist Siopao with pork filling!! Hooray!




The second photo on the left is filled with peanut butter, had to try as my hubby loves peanut butter so much! Did not go wrong on that! He tried and loved it . My nieces asked for no filling so I did but then later on preferred the ones with pork filling. Happy wifey and aunt I am! 


Ingredients:

For the Dough:
  
5 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 cups Rice Flour
1 1/2 Active Dry Yeast
2 cups Lukewarm water
2 1/2 Sugar ( for yeast mixture)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
6 tbsp oil 

Filling:

1 medium-sized onion, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 cups pork ( chopped into small pieces)
4 tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp Corn Starch; dilute in a 1/4 cup Water
4 tbsp Oyster Sauce


 Prepare the filling first
1. Saute Garlic and Onion until translucent

2. Toss in the Pork until light brown.

3. Add oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well

4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the meat is enough for your preference.

5. Put in the diluted cornstarch and mix until the sauce become thick. Set aside and let it cool.

For the Dough
6. With a warm water in the bowl, mix the yeast and sugar. Mix it very well. Set aside and leave it for 10-15 minutes until it become foamy on the top.

7. On another bowl, mix the flour ( APF and RF), Baking Powder, Oil and the yeast.

8. Mix well and knead until the dough shows it's fine texture. Form it in a ball and leave it in a bowl with a top cover for an hour or until the dough has doubled it's size.

9. When it doubled its size, take it from the bowl and knead it again and cut into pieces.( the size depends on how would big would you like it to be.)

10. Flat the dough with a rolling pin or glass( if rolling pin isn't available, just make sure to apply flour to the glass to prevent the dough from sticking when rolling)

11. Put the filling and wrap ( there are different ways how to wrap it for better presentation. google is your friend:-) ) Place them on a wax or parchment paper.

12. Steam for 15 minutes!! 


     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger
 
Splendid Mum Blog Design by Ipietoon